Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nervous about Superbowl

So far this week I've done pretty good, staying true to the diet and getting some exercise. Yesterday on the way home from work I stopped out at Kendrick Lake out west, it's got a trail that's an exact mile. I did the first two laps in 34 minutes, not too bad. It was kinda fun because for the most part I've walked in the past with silence but I remembered to bring along the headphones to my cellphone, so there were some pretty good tunes to walk to.

Audio Adrenelaine is probably the newest of the music. There was a bit of Degarmo and Key, some Whiteheart, some older Third Day. In all I did 3 miles, which felt pretty good. Today I did an 11 mile bike ride, just down the Platte River, stopping at REI downtown across from Elitch Gardens, and then back. I didn't do the big climb out of the river valley though, wimped out and drove to the trail. Which was probably a good thing, it's been a week and a half since I've ridden, and I could feel it. Still, all that said I thought I did pretty well.

And tomorrow, Superbowl. Some friends are having us over... it's the kind of snacking situation that can be kinda perilous, you know? I think I'll do okay, right now there's this sense that I don't want to lose the progress I've been making.

Oh, yes, end of month, so I'll do some measurements:
Chest: 60 inches.
Waist: 59.5 inches
Hips: 54 inches.

So, instead of losing inches from the initial measurements, I gain a bit in the hips and chest? Hmmmm.... Leaves me suspicious of my initial measurements, but it's not like it's anything huge so I'll stick with where it is. Here's to a better February!

No comments:

Post a Comment